Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Worship

It's been a while. Life has tremendously brought on a gust of business. I haven't really had time to just relax and think about how life is going. I finally have time over this break to enjoy what God has blessed me with, which I still have enjoyed all that He's placed in my path though many things have been rough, and to ponder on a few topics.

Worship has always played an important role of my life, even when I didn't know it. Many acts of ours' could be classified as worship. Worship is any act toward something that brings love and honor to it. But worship is different to everyone; worship is not classified into being a specific action.

In Christianity, worship is active. Many times people may think that when you go to "worship," you sing. Well, it's not entirely true. Worship is a daily activity. Everything you do is worship; your life in general is worship. Your actions and decisions show what you worship. That's something we don't usually think about, and it hits me like a freight train.

"I appeal to you, therefor brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." Romans 12: 1-2 (ESV)

Worship is real. True worship can't be forced. You can not make someone worship, and you can't make someone worship the way you do because then it becomes fake. True worship is with your life; the offering up of the life God has blessed you with to live out His plan for your life.

"You shall fear the Lord your God; him alone you shall worship, to him you shall hold fast, and by his name you shall swear. He is your praise; he is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things that your own eyes have seen." (Deuteronomy 10:20-21)

To end this blog post, I'd like to wish you all a Merry CHRISTMAS, not happy holidays. Remember the reason for the season. Sorry Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment