Saturday, July 24, 2010

Edge of Desire

It's been a while, but it's going to be a lot easier to blog now that I have my laptop! Anywho, I've been busy with a lot of things lately, and I was listening to Edge of Desire.. what a beautiful song, and it has a deep meaning if you really think beyond the lyrics themselves. Desire is such a strong word; it's defined as to long or to hope for.

To long or to hope for.. we often see that desire can be either good or bad. We can desire people, worldly possessions, alcohol, sex, etc. Depending on what we desire, it can lead to harm or satisfaction. (which really, are we at anytime ACTUALLY satisfied?) In the song Edge of Desire, John has a desire to be with this special someone. The risk - "I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe." ...although this is just a song, how many times would we go back on our beliefs, morals, etc. to get something we desire so much? It's almost as if it was an addiction.

Desire.. it's good to keep it in check. I have surrendered my life to the ministry, and I desire to serve the Lord, my God. (and yours too, you should get to know Him.) So I can't really go back on what I believe if I desire God, since He is what I believe can't I? It's pretty great if I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment