Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

Death Cab for Cutie puts it.. "This is the new year, and I don't feel any different.." and I pretty much feel the same way. New Years is all about making resolutions that most people don't keep. It's become monotonous.. so I'm changing this term for me.

My "Asking God to help me complete this task" is to have a moment with Him everyday reading His word and conversing with Him, start texting people back (I'm sorry Chris.. I do this way too much haha), and starting to work on playing my keyboard more.

The reason I don't like the term is that we put too much faith in ourself. We try to do things on our own will, instead of asking God to help us. Relying on ourself is foreshadowing failure. I've done this so many times that I've gotten annoyed with my self. I put things all on my own power when I should be placing my desire in God's will and asking him to help me. Our all powerful God can do so much for us.. if we just seek Him.

So, to the new year everyone. I hope you have a great day, and I wish you the best for this year... it's time to graduate onto bigger things.

1 comment: