Thursday, April 29, 2010

Waiting..

Last night as I was in chuch, a song from John Mayer started flowing through the speakers. Now of course I got excited obviously because John was in the atmosphere. The song was waiting on the world to change.. Not one of my personal favorites - but hey, it's JM! After getting home, I really started to think about the song and how it really related to me and Christianity. Do we really want to sit back and wait for change to come? If we did, wouldn't there be nothing at all being done for the glory of Christ?

Sometimes it seems as if we leave things up for others instead of taking the reigns of the situation and attempting it ourselves.. Like we're scared of responsibility or nervous about what others think about us. I know that I've done that myself, and usually I beat myself up over it. As Christians, God has placed a calling on all of our lives; go make disciples in His name. If we're seated waiting and watching, what good are we doing? These lyrics from the song pretty much sum it up, "it's hard to be persistent when we're standing at a distance." You have to show God's love to get anything done.

Living a life actively for God is part of the whole story. The other part is witnessing to others about what your life is about. Live it; witness it.

No comments:

Post a Comment